Thursday, February 12, 2015

Seth Read My Book!

Dear Seth,


I LOVED hearing you read the poem I wrote.  Your Grandma Carol always told your mum, your uncles and Aunt Becca to "Go Out and Play".  EVEN WHEN IT RAINED, EVEN WHEN IT SNOWED , SHE ALWAYS TOLD THEM TO " Go out and Play"

In fact, when I was writing this poem, I remembered how much fun I had playing outside with all of Grandma Carol's kids.  The backyard had a chicken coop, big tire swings and a gravel driveway and all the kids raced around on their old bikes. But the most fun was when we played in the woods.  All the dogs would follow us to the creek.  We made forts and pretended that we were Spokane Indians. One time the dogs chased a porcupine and got a nose full of quills.  Uncle Jim had to pull each one out and did the dogs ever howl!

 Seth, you are the very first young reader that I have heard read each word of the poem. I am proud of you because reading can be hard and you did a great job.  Maybe when I visit you and your family we can all perform a Readers Theatre using this poem and invite everyone to watch.
Hugs and love to you and your family,
Aunt Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment